As more of the population is getting vaccinated, restrictions around tourism and restaurants are starting to lift. Navigating around this new world will be a learning journey for restaurant owners, staff and the public. However, the more directly we can answer key questions about reopening restaurants, the sooner your employees can undergo a smooth reopening for your business.
Will I Have to Require my Employees to be Vaccinated?
- Restaurant owners need to be very clear about their expectations of their employees when it comes to vaccinations
- How will you handle it if an employee refuses to work with someone unvaccinated?
- Consider how you will communicate your decisions in a way that shows respect for all your employees’ personal positions and wishes
How Will You Assure Your Employees’ Safety?
- Remember each employee has a differing level of comfort about working with each other and with customers
- Important to have a safety plan, incorporating local legal guidelines
How Can I Attract New Employees and Retain my Top Talent?
- Consider adding more choice in scheduling for your employees or accommodate their desire for flexibility
- Implement mental-health policies