In the context of physical distancing requirements and safety guidelines, adapting to new market realities will hold particular challenges for accommodation and hotel businesses. Here are a number of measures that can be adopted in order to both ensure compliance and provide assurance to guests:
- Write a re-opening email that lists all the precautions you are taking.
- Every page on your website should have a pop-up advisory. Now would the time to begin building this in.
- Compile “Best Guests” lists from your customer database to send personalized messages. Loyalty will be essential in the recovery period.
- Redraw your meeting space floor plans in accordance with physical distancing requirements. Ensure these new plans are on your website.
- Publish your temporary limited menu of spa services (or other relevant in-house services that may be affected).
- Apply physical distancing floor plan measures to spa and other relevant in-house services.
- Determine bag handling procedures – will your staff be allowed into guest rooms when exposed to common areas?
- Consider requiring a COVID-19 affidavit to be signed at the front desk for guests to confirm that they have not been close to anyone showing symptoms.